Emmetts has expanded the geography covered and is now the local John Deere dealer for the Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia which covers Strathalbyn, McLaren Vale, Victor Harbor and Mt Compass.
As of today, Gilbert Motors is no longer the local John Deere dealer on the Fleurieu Peninsula. On short notice, Emmetts have been asked to fill the void created and will now be serving the Fleurieu Peninsula as the local John Deere dealer.
Emmetts looks forward to getting to know the customers in this area and supplying quality parts and service, along with precision agriculture technology support, and access to machinery.
Although we will not have a physical branch at Strathalbyn, we have taken measures to ensure all consumers feel well-supported.
- The travel charge on service work will be based on kilometres from Strathalbyn, Oakbank or Murray Bridge, whichever location is closest to the customer's property. We will do this to ensure customers are not paying more for a service, due to Emmetts locations.
- Emmetts has service technicians with fully set up service utes to do in field service work.
- Parts for the area can be drawn from Emmetts Oakbank, Murray Bridge and Roseworthy parts stock, or from John Deere when required, and delivered directly to the customer.
- An additional salesman, Mark Bastian, has joined the Emmetts team to serve this area. Mark will be glad to assist with any queries, and is contactable on 0427 900 610.
- Emmetts understands that having parts available is key to customer satisfaction. We have increased our parts inventory, to reduce delays for your repairs.
- Emmetts has a large range of new and used equipment across our 11 locations. The wait times on new machinery may be significantly reduced from what has previously been experienced. Emmetts will still order custom spec’d machines as needed, but for the standard models there is a high likelihood the wait will be days to weeks, not months.
- Emmetts is committed to farming. Emmetts have been “keeping farmers farming since 1957.” Agricultural and ground maintenance pursuits are at our core, we are not involved in other industries that can divide one’s attention and resources.
To the customers of this area - Emmetts staff are excited to establish a close relationship with you. I ask that you give us a try and let us prove ourselves as your preferred machinery provider. I commit the full weight of our expertise in machinery, parts, service and precision agriculture technology to you. The Emmetts Group is proud to provide service in South Australia and Victoria, and the customers who purchase our products range from broadacre croppers, livestock producers, viticulturists, vegetable and fruit growers to councils and contractors, landscape business owners, life stylers, and lawn care customers.
In the coming months, you will see more representation of Emmetts in the area. Our commitment to parts availability should become obvious to the regular customer. Emmetts is dedicated to Australian agriculture, which is demonstrated by having parts on hand and service techs available and on call over vintage, hay season and harvest. Our inventory of used machinery can be found on our website, www.emmetts.com.au, and in stock new machinery can be found by contacting any of our branches.
Emmetts is a family owned company, which started in Rupanyup, Victoria in 1957 by my father Jack Emmett, and continues to be managed by myself and my brothers on the board. Emmetts expanded into South Australia in 2014, and now has a total of 11 stores across South Australia and Victoria.
Emmetts is excited to be expanding to serve customers in and around the Fleurieu Peninsula. With our large company size, we hope to build an excellent reputation for service in the area. The entire team at Emmetts looks forward to serving you and providing you with John Deere and other farming and grounds-care equipment and service into the future.